Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

jonalfaspider

Alfa gtv v6 project black edition

161 posts in this topic

finally buddy!!! Dont forget ur exhaust is " made in germany " :D

( not at all convenient installation ...)

but looks great and the song is lovely. Please make a video. :thumbsup:

ps: stunning ur gtv.. :wub: 

Wow it resembles a GTR with them tailpipes ! ;)

7AF1EA5B-4423-4E55-ACED-235862D361C6_zps

Cheers guys, yeah your right it is very gtr looking! Was thinking of using the v6 n spider as daily driver but the v6 might be to load now lol! Still got front downpipe to replace and then I will post a vid of the beast! Lol!

On the the brake compensator today all good fun! (One of the bolts rounded)

Edited by jonalfaspider

Thanks,

well next weeks is the big one, she has been sat for a few years but not any longer, she is going in for the final work, cambelt kit including water pump, new alternator, wishbones, oil n filter change and pre mot check, cant wait I might be able to drive her properly and not worry about a 10year old belt. Lol!

If all goes well I might even treat the old girl to done black drilled n grooved brake discs :-)

How many km/miles was done with that 10 year old belt? I guess not too much?

When you remove it, let us know in what condition it is and what your mechanic says about it based on his experience. Tnx!

The belt was done on 15.11.2005 with 45281 miles, cars now Done 86000. Neil is going to take some pics, he also recommend a new clutch while the engine is out so getting that done to.

Only £60 to have picked up and delivered to autoitalia so not worth the risk with a old cambelt, Can't wait to get it back

post-125-0-43346200-1443541298_thumb.jpg

Edited by jonalfaspider

Well I managed to source a original zender spoiler in Nero black in good condition so worth £106 I paided delivered as no paint needed :-) you know I will be measuring the holes I have to drill for at least a month untill it milometer perfect before fitting lol!

To spoiler her or not to spoiler her........

post-125-0-63096400-1445198335_thumb.jpg

Edited by jonalfaspider

The pictures aren't working for me, anyone else having an issue viewing these? :(

No buddy the pics are ok for me,

Neil said the cambelt didn't look to bad concidering it 10year old would have expected to see cracking, here's the pic of the cambelt he removed

Not bad for 10year old!post-125-0-73963200-1445284463_thumb.jpg

Edited by jonalfaspider

Paso, on 21 Oct 2015 - 22:03, said:

:) I have to do it soon as mine is also 10 years old now.

Courageous :)  ... but please replace it :happy0045:  ... as your belt has reached an age where you sooner or later might find a lots of liquorice like sticks as a residue in the bottom of the timing belt cover after an unpleasant experience. :(

Yeah paso get it done especially in your stunner of a gtv, just not worth the risk.

Well Friday is the big day I collect the v6, having two tyres fitted in the morning and mot booked in at lunch time ahhh lol! I have had this project two years I. December so it's been a long time coming.

The beast is to have the following work done, full cambelt kit including water pump, new alternator fitted to solve battery light, front down pipe, stearing gaitors, wishbones and brake compensator 

So the areas I'm a little worried about for mot is centre exhaust is blowing slightly, engine mount worn, handbrake always borderline and brake discs well haven't been used for two years lol!

Fingers crossed and wish me luck :-)

Edited by jonalfaspider

Fingers crossed and wish me luck :-)

The MOT man will be as excited by the look of the the engine and car so that when he hears the sound of Busso he just must approve the car :D , good luck with the MOT. :thumbsup:

Lol! Well hopefully that's the case, Its a family run business and I know they like there cars as they have a ac cobra in there testing station :-) it's funny I'm actually alittle nervous, the bloody abs light has been playing up, Neil who did all the brake work after he finished the compasitator and lines the abs light came on but then the light when back off, on the final test run after all work done one brake pipe failed it's been replaced but the abs light came on again, hopefully after a run it will go out like last time.

Well she went in for the mot and............ It failed! :-(

But only 2 jobs to do and hopefully by next week she will be on the road for the first time since 2011, it's only take two years lol!

I have bought some more wheels only because they were stupidly cheap one needs repairing but only cost me all of £50!!!!! lol! Well £80 including shipping, my best bargain buy for a while :-)

Think they will go on the spider n blacklines on the v6 for nowpost-125-0-76190800-1446762303_thumb.jpg

Edited by jonalfaspider

Hi guys, its been a while as not really had any free time with xmas so a proper update,

In the end she had the following work done totalling £1310 ouch!

full cambelt kit 

x7 replacement brake pipes

replace brake compensator

gearbox oil

replaced front down pipe

replaced alternator

2x wishbones

then with the mot failing on brakes(abs light and center exhaust section blowing) so another £140 had the air filter changed to as was overdue.  I also bought a blower motor and heater matrix and solved the heating issue (£60) as i felt like i wasnt doing any of the jobs lol!

also a new tyres and locking nut key £235 :o

so after the centre section of exhaust replaced and brakes checked again, all looked good then on the way over to the test station after a 45 min drive the bloody abs light came on again! ahh! nooooooo! with 10 mins to spare i drove to the range and picked up some black tape and removed the dials and taped over the airbag light lol 

and..........................................................................................................................

the gtv v6 now has a mot! yeah!!!:) woooohooooo!!!! and no advisories!!:D

The gtv is going back in Wednesday to finally get the abs light sorted as the brakes still feel dodge. drove the v6 to work and on the very first drive the clutch is sticking:angry: So this will get checked over too, already bought a gta flywheel just in case, another £110 and if it needs doing it will be another £110 for the gta clutch kit and around £300-360 labour

my £1506.66 is costing me around £3k+ in last couple of months :( 

how do i justify spending that sort of money............ is it worth it? Hell yeah these cars are getting so rare in UK and my gtv is black with tan, lowered with 19 inch wheels, cup spoiler, quad exhausts and hids, new grill and alfa badges and clear indicators. also has tan momo leather, tan carpet, italian leather gaiters, and dvd/mp3 player. the rear suspension is powerflex, and engine bay refurbed. 

plus i dont want to be like everyone else when i look around sat in traffic ;) 

feel better now :-)

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by jonalfaspider

managed to source too more jetfins for a checky £60, have already sold the extra for £100 so bargain set of jetfins. bought a set of 19s black 4c alloys advertised on ebay for a bargain £500!! after clicking the buy it now button a few days later got a email saying it was a listing error as it cost them more to but them and was given a refund, i thought it was too good to be true:rolleyes:

so i have been playing around with my alloy sets, thinking blacklines on the v6, teledials look better gtv while spokes look better on the spider.

not sure if i shuld go black 19s on the rosso spider or jetfins

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

they all need a good wash 

Edited by jonalfaspider

Well the gtv is in for the gta flywheel and clutch upgrade, and the brakes sorted. can't wait to get it back 

a few more pics after a good wash 

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

Edited by jonalfaspider

My boys (7years and 9years) are telling me the black wheels look better on the black v6 as "they looked sick and stealth!" Lol

cant be much more todo mechanically when the gta upgrade is done, as the rear end is powerflexed, new oil cooler and pipes, full cambelt kit and water pump.

So will be nice to enjoy 

image.jpg

Edited by jonalfaspider

Very nice buddy! :thumbsup:

i want a video of the exhaust !! :D

Lol I will get a vid up soon just been super busy moving house again. 

Well had a few issues with the v6 was misfiring after cambelt change up to 4000rpm then kicked in, turned out the timing was done wrong!!! Thankfully all sorted after another £500 I took to another garage but the car is running sweet!!

the gear change now is nice and smooth and can fly through the gears, 3rd gear is fantastic so would recommend the gta flywheel and clutch kit to anyone!

so back to the OCD lol! I bought some metal door pins I think they are zender or mono? Anyway they didn't match the shinny door handle as a matt finish and a little worn over the years so I buffed them on the buffer at worn and come up fantastic and match the door handle perfect! 

Right pin original matt finish left pin after it's first buff, bottom pic the full polish finish :-)

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hey also bought another boot lid in Nero black, so going to add the spoiler to this one giving me the option to swap it over when ever I fancy... Spoiler her :D:rolleyes:

anyone fitted a spoiler a bit worried about drilling 2 holes in a boot lol! 

Edited by jonalfaspider

Well been using the v6 as my daily driver (55miles a day) and what can I say....... So enjoyable!! The power, sound and speed! Get home super early lol! Really please I saw this project through to the end, I have spent so money but would get it all back if I sold the car. Plus I have a rare car that is future proof with all the work done (touch wood)

thinking about lpg it but it's no more expensive to run that my ts spider but What a daily driver :-) can't help but turn back for a look when I park up at work lol!

image.jpg