Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Alfaduden

Turbo Brutale

445 posts in this topic

Very good work have been done :thumbsup:. Good fuel consumption. Is all these km extra urban driving? What do you mean with "jumping"? With increased turbo pressure the stress on the turbo piping is bigger.

With so much things changed I think is good to make some review for comparison of the car before (in the stock form) and now with upgraded engine,suspension,brakes :).

With what engine is that Mito and is it for you or some other in your family?

Thanks.

7.8l/100km is extra urban. it is around 10l/100km with urban driving.

Well before I chipped the car it was hopeless. It was "jumping" almost all the time... After chip installed it was much better! But if I give full pedal it some times "cuts" and "jumps" when "over boost" is activated... (full pedal)

I didnt really drive it that much before all modifications so any comparison is unfortunately a bit difficult.

I am satisfied with the FK coil over kit because of what you get for the money. But it is not very good on rough surfaces as the rebound is a bit slow on these koni shock absorbers. I noticed it especially when hard braking before a corner with very rough surface... The wheel on the right side struggled to keep contact with the tarmac...

I think FSD or Bilstein would be the best, but hard to get bilstein these days.

Brakes is awesome! I love the feeling of brakes that just "squeeze" harder and harder :)

I have noticed that my wheel bearings in the rear end needs to be replaced with new... This will be ordered today. :)

The MiTo is mine together with my girlfriend :) It is a Twin Air engine ;)

Regarding "cuts" and "jumps" is that part shown in the picture still in place on your AFM intake side?

post-17-0-58791000-1364642524_thumb.jpg

Regarding "cuts" and "jumps" is that part shown in the picture still in place on your AFM intake side?

This is still intact on the AFR. :)

I kept on polishing the car today. I miss some pads for the machine so I had to use an old one that didn't do the job as good as I wanted. New is on order so I have to go over the car again when I have this. This is the best result I managed with what I had right now... :)

I realized that I have left my new Magnecor spark plug cables back at my fathers house, and I really need to change them ASAP as I realized that the ones on now is broken... :huh:

THEN:

DSC_0013_zps13e8e9a5.jpg

Rust2.jpg

DSC_0037_zpsc2550bf3.jpg

NOW:

IMG_2875_zpsf1c7ac44.jpg

IMG_2879_zpsea022a97.jpg

IMG_2877_zps439d2bd2.jpg

IMG_2880_zpse4efc0db.jpg

Nice! Care to write a bit about how you fitted the 305mm Brembos?

Nice! Care to write a bit about how you fitted the 305mm Brembos?

Hi.

I didn't, but I know how they did ;)

I bought hubs from a 3 liter 24V.

Calipers are from a 156 GTA. Bought Brembo GT 305mm discs to a GTV 3 liter 24V and new wheel bearings.

Sand blasted the new hubs myself and painted them with black tough coat.

The workshop then installed the new bearings in the hubs, and then it was just "plug and play" to install the discs, calipers and new brake pads. On top of that I had some new goodridge braided brake hoses :)

Is there much of a difference in braking with the 4 pot calipers?

Yes! It is a huge difference. :happy0045: With this you kinda are just feeling that it is better and better the more heat they produce... You are just being "sucked" out of the seat! ;) Plus the advantage of having the opportunity to upgrade to 330mm and bigger calipers later, but Im satisfied how it is now. Cant wait to get my summer tires on so that I really can step on the bakes!

4 piston brembo is good :thumbsup: . But with changing from single piston to multi pistons brake calipers the brake pedal move more deeper (more movement to start to byte the brakes). That is because the increasing of the sum area of all pistons for multi piston caliper compared to single piston before. Of coarse I talk for for the case of keeping the stock brake master cylinder. So if the area is same before and after there should be a difference on pedal travel. I have noticed that on my setup and have been read for that on other cars. But my calipers are with bigger pistons than GTV/GTA or 166. Did you notice something like that? For comparison before-after must be taken into account that you also installed good performance disc and pads :) .

There is no noticeable difference in my pedal movement. It all depends on how you bleed off your brake fluid as well I guess.

BTW I have figured out my exhaust settings.. It is a one in one out catalyst on mine... ;)

I also got the new OZ wheels yesterday. Installed them today, and they fit perfect on the rear axle. I thought I had to install spacers, but no. I ran into a problem at the front though... It is too long bolts so they rub on the back side. I have to buy shorter ones tomorrow so that I can fit the front wheels too.

Required length of the wheel bolts (the short one) as in the picture to mount OZ Ultraleggera

on the GTV, or you can use a 5mm spacer and standard length bolt (the long one in the picture).

:)

post-17-0-10313300-1365034334_thumb.jpg

Required length of the wheel bolts (the short one) as in the picture to mount OZ Ultraleggera

on the GTV, or you can use a 5mm spacer and standard length bolt (the long one in the picture).

:)

Thank you GTV-TB. I will try to fix this today.

What kind of offset (ET) do your Ultraleggeras have?

Ok. And do you use spacers rear?

New bolts ordered for the front wheels. They will arrive on monday... Until then my car looks weird with a pair of winter and a pair of summer tires... I will have to use the MiTo during the weekend I guess :lol:

I have a bad front wheel bearing and found out that the workshop did not do their job. I bought wheel bearings for them to change, but seems like they missed that point... The result is that I have to drive the 550km back to the workshop in a few weeks. I also found out that they had my new Magnecor spark plug wires there... :angry:

Look at post #63 in this thread. ;)

:D Workshop drama on its way? B)

Sorry.. Sleeping in lession I guess :rolleyes:

Just for curiosity, are your brakes 330mm?

Oh yes! I will definitely hold them in their ears...

330X32mm

Yea, hold them in their ears...is a good move, kick in the butt also works

but kick on the balls don't work, they become to disable to act rationally. :ph34r:

Nice!

They look great on your car.

This orque downpipe is the best I have ever seen... but also extreme expensive.

The wheels are great! I see that you will continue with upgrades to your car, but the direction become very strange to me. What you want to achieve with above mentioned parts. For number 2 and 3 I think that you want to see some red color in the engine bay (to match your magnecor cables maybe), but I think they look very jap style/fast and furious tuning. And also they are not cheap (from my calculations). For track car maybe will suit, but for road Alfa Romeo Gran Turismo Veloce I don't think so. But in the end it's your car and your money. My point is good silicone hoses are good thing, but in black color. Maybe they can be ordered in different color.

And the 1st picture. From my calculation the price is more than 1400E (or maybe I done something seriously wrong)!!! And you are prepare to give so much money for downpipe with catalyst! With that downpipe you have to use stock turbine or at least the hot (turbine) housing, which off course is not bad thing, but with such price for downpipe become very strange. If you decide to upgrade the turbo with some more modern unit for example you will need different downpipe or at least serious modification to front part of that downpipe, so much money will be spent pointless. I haven't seen to this moment so much welding for such part, but I don't think it's worth the efforts.

My advice is - think more rationally how to spent your (maybe not hard) earned money.! If your case is - "money is no object", thats another story (but I still don't think above are the best) and I will not write such posts in your topic!

Greetings for your alfa passion!