Welcome to Squadra916

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Sign in to follow this  
Thanos

How accurate is Wikipedia about the GTV & Spider?

There are some mistakes that I noticed in this articel of Wikipedia.

1. "The front suspension, engine, gearbox and drive was based on the 1992 - launched 155 saloon."

Which engine? Which gearbox?

2. "1998 facelift

In May 1998 cars are revamped for the first time (Phase 2), mainly interior is changed with new center console, 3 spoke steering wheel, painted letters on skirt seals, changed controls and switches arrangement and different instrument cluster. On the exterior main changes include chrome frame around scudetto and color coded side skirts and bumpers. New engine is introduced: 144 PS (106 kW; 142 hp) 1.8 Twin Spark, and some are changed: 2.0 Twin Spark gets Modular Intake Manifold with different length intake and different plastic cover. Power output of 2.0 TS is raised to 155 PS (114 kW; 153 hp). Engines have changed engine management units and have a nomenclature of CF2. Dashboard is available in 2 new colours, above the standard black: Red Style and Blue Style, and with it new colour coded upholstery and carpets. 3.0 24V gets 6-speed manual gearbox as standard."

Not a word about the Spider 2.0 V6 TB

3. "2000 engine revamp

In August 2000 sees the revamp of engines to comply with new emission regulations Euro3. New engines are slightly detuned, and have a new identification code CF3. 3.0 V6 12V is discontinued for Spider and replaced with 24V Euro3 version from GTV. 2.0 V6 Turbo is discontinued as it don't comply with Euro3 emissions. Arese Plant is closing and the production of GTV/Spider is transferred to Pininfarina Plant in San Giorgio Canavese and Grugliasco in Turin."

Check this out,

3.0 V6 24v CO2 Emissions - 278 g/km

3.2 V6 24v CO2 Emissions - 312 g/km

2.0 V6 TB CO2 Emissions - 260 g/km

4. "Change in interior is minimal with different center console and upholstery pattern and colours available. Instruments illumination colour is changed from green to red. Main specification change is an ASR traction control"

...and lower seats.

5."The 2.0 V6, called V6 TB, was developed because of an Italian law that put an extra sales tax on cars with engines larger than two litres. It is basically a sleeved-down version of the three litre V6. The turbo was added for extra power while avoiding the tax. The car was produced in three distinct phases. The phase 1 cars had a black plastic grille in the nose of the bonnet, without the chrome edging."

So wrong! Not only due to the italian legislation for sure and for god shake it is not a sleeved-down version of the 3.0 V6!

The first 2.0 V6 version was introduced in 1983. Alfa 6.

The V6 TB was produced not in three but in two phases for the GTV and in one phase for the Spider.

6."Wheels are 15 inch perforated steel as standard"

Maybe it is true but I have never seen one..

You are free to correct me and add more information.

:)

Have you already corrected those data on Wiki?

No I haven't...

I do not have references and I wanted to share these data with you guys first so we can change opinions.

AFAIK, it's all true about V6 TB, that engine was never Euro3 compliant, and it is indeed based on the 3.0 V6. Don't know about the 2.0 V6 on Alfa 6, probably a totally different architecture though.

AFAIK, it's all true about V6 TB, that engine was never Euro3 compliant, and it is indeed based on the 3.0 V6. Don't know about the 2.0 V6 on Alfa 6, probably a totally different architecture though.

I didn't say that the V6 TB was available as a Euro 3.

I emphasized that because it seems only as an excuse to withdraw the V6 TB from production.

There are some mistakes that I noticed in this articel of Wikipedia.

1. "The front suspension, engine, gearbox and drive was based on the 1992 - launched 155 saloon."

Which engine? Which gearbox?

2. "1998 facelift

In May 1998 cars are revamped for the first time (Phase 2), mainly interior is changed with new center console, 3 spoke steering wheel, painted letters on skirt seals, changed controls and switches arrangement and different instrument cluster. On the exterior main changes include chrome frame around scudetto and color coded side skirts and bumpers. New engine is introduced: 144 PS (106 kW; 142 hp) 1.8 Twin Spark, and some are changed: 2.0 Twin Spark gets Modular Intake Manifold with different length intake and different plastic cover. Power output of 2.0 TS is raised to 155 PS (114 kW; 153 hp). Engines have changed engine management units and have a nomenclature of CF2. Dashboard is available in 2 new colours, above the standard black: Red Style and Blue Style, and with it new colour coded upholstery and carpets. 3.0 24V gets 6-speed manual gearbox as standard."

Not a word about the Spider 2.0 V6 TB

3. "2000 engine revamp

In August 2000 sees the revamp of engines to comply with new emission regulations Euro3. New engines are slightly detuned, and have a new identification code CF3. 3.0 V6 12V is discontinued for Spider and replaced with 24V Euro3 version from GTV. 2.0 V6 Turbo is discontinued as it don't comply with Euro3 emissions. Arese Plant is closing and the production of GTV/Spider is transferred to Pininfarina Plant in San Giorgio Canavese and Grugliasco in Turin."

Check this out,

3.0 V6 24v CO2 Emissions - 278 g/km

3.2 V6 24v CO2 Emissions - 312 g/km

2.0 V6 TB CO2 Emissions - 260 g/km

4. "Change in interior is minimal with different center console and upholstery pattern and colours available. Instruments illumination colour is changed from green to red. Main specification change is an ASR traction control"

...and lower seats.

5."The 2.0 V6, called V6 TB, was developed because of an Italian law that put an extra sales tax on cars with engines larger than two litres. It is basically a sleeved-down version of the three litre V6. The turbo was added for extra power while avoiding the tax. The car was produced in three distinct phases. The phase 1 cars had a black plastic grille in the nose of the bonnet, without the chrome edging."

So wrong! Not only due to the italian legislation for sure and for god shake it is not a sleeved-down version of the 3.0 V6!

The first 2.0 V6 version was introduced in 1983. Alfa 6.

The V6 TB was produced not in three but in two phases for the GTV and in one phase for the Spider.

6."Wheels are 15 inch perforated steel as standard"

Maybe it is true but I have never seen one..

You are free to correct me and add more information.

:)

1.its sourced from many sites, so dont really know, as i dont really care for the 155

2.By the time i had no idea of the 2.0 V6 TB Spider, already corrected this

3. 2.0 V6 TB is not Euro 3 compliant, and the carbon emmissions are sourced from owners manual from year 2000!

4. i have included the "lower" seats in: upholstery pattern, don't know the height of the seats

5. so correct, even ferrari in mid 70's made 2.0 litre cars, and it's based on busso 12V, does not matter on which, yes discontinued on phase 3, even in late 2000

6. Source repair manual

7. i have slaved more over this amongst many wikipedia articles i have contributed, so thank You for your input

http://en.wikipedia....&action=history

my nick Ybsone

Any more??

Thanks for that!

about the #4,

I assume that the height of the seats of the phase 3 is almost the same as the height of the phase 1...

I am not sure about that but maybe someone can measure it.

The 3 spoke steering wheel is not a Ph2 addition, it appeared from 1997 in Ph1 cars.

Sent from my GT-N7000 using Tapatalk 2

yes i know about the 330mm brakes but i still look for a confirmation (owners manual, service manual or brochure)

"From 2004-on Alfa Romeo fitted the larger 330mm discs and larger Brembo calipers"

so maybe some of the 3.2 cars had 305mm brakes

sure will do untill the better one is on the horizon

added the Lucas or ATE system 284mm,

also there is smaller altecna-spider-only system 257mm

and all are lycas 240mm on the rear

and the brembo 305mm / 330mm